Tuesday, August 9, 2011

BIGWOOD CD RELEASE PARTY REVIEW-by: EvilGreenEyedBabe



Last night found me at the awesome new location of Zombie's Bar in San Antonio for BIGWOOD's CD release Party. All the bartenders there were not only very cool to chat with as they quickly got everyone's drinks squared away, but highly entertaining as well. I hadn't been there before, but I do know I'll be going there again.

The first band of the night was Chaotic. They haven't been together long, and only recently had their first on-stage performance back in July, if I understood correctly, but they were awesome. I found myself headbanging away, and before I knew it, their set was over and I was left wanting more rockin goodness.
Martyerhead, a Motorhead cover band, played so loud and so fantastically that I could barely hear anything the rest of the night. But as they say, if you can still hear, then you didn't really see Motorhead. Or Martyerhead, in this case. So all in all, I'd call it a great performance with how def I ended up being.

The final act of the night, BIGWOOD, popped on stage and they rocked it so good, that they left the fans begging for an encore. Between the guitarist keeping the everyone fully entertained with his highly animated antics on stage, and the fa nominal music that kept the crowd moshing all night, it was a night to remember. Though I will say, the drummer worked his tail off with heavy hits and long rolls, and Stacy, the bassist, did nothing. No really, he'll even admit that he does nothing. Or at least that is what he kept telling me. Then again, he was having too much fun watching their drummer get chased by their videographer that was trying to film him off an on all night. That alone was entertaining as hell to watch.

Over all, if you missed it, you certainly missed something not only spectacular, but something historical in the making. I wouldn't be surprised to find these guys rockin it at much bigger, and more expensive venues very soon. I know I, for one, can't wait for their next show.

No comments: